Sophomore Year – Quarter 1

This first quarter was the first real experience I believe I have had in high school. Last year, although I was in high school, it was a covid year so there were many different things that were different from this year. For starters, cross country was different. We got to go on a big team trip up to Madeline Island in Wisconsin. As a team, we had our highs and lows and lots of memories along the way. Last year, we did not go on this trip because of covid. It was a lot of fun being able to attend this trip this year. Another thing that was different, are the masks! We don’t have to wear them anymore! Last year we had to wear masks all day every day all of the time. This year we have not needed to wear them and it is so nice being able to see everyone’s smiles once more. I would connect this quarter to creativity if I had to choose one of the 6 C’s. I would choose creativity because I think that there were many times when I had to be creative. I would go with the flow and just make things work. For example, at the football games when we would have to dress up, I had the most creative and fun outfits I could think of. I think I made a lot of people smile and I enjoy making people smile. Below I have attached a picture from our cross-country trip.