US History: Global Era Presentations

1. Our last history unit was about the Global Era. This was a unit that was spread out over a long period of time (from the 1980s to now). We were split up into groups, and each group had a chunk of time they had to present about. My group and I chose the time period right after the end of the Cold War. We divided up all the slides we had to make, and I did the timeline.
  2. Overall, I felt that I had the most success with connecting some of the important concepts with the timeline. I found a website that included a lot of the concepts, so all I had to do was put the information into my own words.
  3. For me, it was difficult to decide which events to include. There was  a lot of stuff happening in this time period, but most of the events were irrelevant to what we were learning in class. I had to use my own judgement and put the important information on our presentation.
  4. This project best connected to collaboration. Our group had to figure out how to evenly distribute everything. Also, I had to make sure I got my assigned stuff done because my group depended on me. If people didn’t do their part, we would have had nothing to present.
  5. This presentation opened my eyes to how important our past has been. If the Cold War didn’t happen, many of the treaties and alliances that we have today wouldn’t exist. Without those, our lives would look completely different, and not in a good way.