Biology: Cell City

I enjoyed doing this project because it was a fun way to learn about cell organelles. Instead of simply sitting in a classroom and listening to lectures about cells, we got to use our creativity. For our cell city project, my group and I decided to build a model of a prison. I was surprised to learn how many organelles work together in a cell. For example, the Golgi Bodies and Vesicles collaborate to make and transport proteins. If I were to redo this project, I would have tried to gather more materials for our 3D model. That way, we might have been able to make our ‘prison’ look better. I also wish my group prepared a better script for our video. We could have made it funnier if we spent more time on the commercial. One question I have about cell organelles is, how do nuclei know what things the cell has to do in order to stay alive? I think this project provided a good introduction to the whole unit. I also think this project should be continued, because it was a really nice refresher to the cell unit. It was a fun, unique way to learn about organelles.