Painting Reflection

Alex Schoeppner

The aspect of this project that I am most proud of is just how well it turned out. I think I did pretty well on this one considering it was our first major painting project of the class. The most difficult aspect of this was finding out which color combinations would look best based on each section. It was difficult because depending on which section it was, it could limit your options in terms of colors. I also didn’t want to use the same colors too often, so I flip-flopped the colors so that there wouldn’t be two of the same colors touching each other. This artifact connects to the Profile of a Graduate through the Creativity aspect. I think that with this project, I had to be pretty creative in terms of how to utilize different color schemes like primary, secondary, complementary, intermediate, etc. I had to make sure that they were well represented in the painting and easily distinguishable. I plan to take this learning forward in other art classes in the future, or even in other classes as well. I will use this learning in future classes by trying to think more outside the box and more creatively. One thing I would do differently if I were to create this again would be to fill the paint in more and just overall create a much more polished look. Overall though, I think I did a good job creating this artifact and will take what I learned from it with me in the future.

Be First to Comment