Your “Year in Review” page is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and/or student. You could either summarize your year in review directly on this page OR you could write a new Year in Review Post and link it to this page.
Below are some considerations.
Here are some ways you might think about your “Year in Review” page:
- A yearly summary of your growth throughout the year (personal, academic, PoG competencies, maturity, etc)
- A place to reflect upon your academic and personal experiences
- A place to reflect upon your short and long term goals and considerations for next year’s goals and action steps.
- A place to reflect upon previous years and see how you have changed and grown
What should be included:
- An update on any major projects, events, experience how they have shaped your interests and future goals
- The development and/or attainment of your Profile of a Graduate C’s. Be sure to link to posts/artifacts that demonstrate your development.
- Any transformational experiences, whether positive or negative and the impact they have had on you
Questions to help you begin writing your “Year in Review” page:
- Who were you at the beginning of this year and who are you now? Look at your level of maturity and how you have evolved and matured.
- Did you meet your goals for the year? What helped you be successful? If not, what are some action steps you can do next year to ensure success?
- What was your best/favorite learning experience this year? What made it your best?
- How have new or unexpected experiences affected you, your beliefs, and your plans?
- Did anything exciting or wonderful happen? Were you surprised?
- Did you experience a setback or a disappointment? Were you able to grow and learn from that experience? How so?