Freshman Year

Quarter 1 Artifact

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UqX_PRhQ-Tsutt4OFyA69nLSGlf_Bm3wusS18C1Z9I8/edit?usp=sharing

^^^^^Above is the link to the artifact I am reflecting about ^^^^^

This quarter I am deciding to reflect on one of my history 9a assignments that I worked on with a group. This project was the 3 colonial regions project where we had to create a story about a given region. We decided to do our research about the New England colony while other groups did their research on the Southern and Middle Colonies. This artifact demonstrates 2 of the 6 C’s which includes Collaboration and Creativity. I believe that this project connects to collaboration because first of all, we worked with a group on the project and had to equally split all the work for the project, but also work together to brainstorm ideas and make the story come together. Another reasoning for why I chose collaboration is because there were many other groups that created stories about the different colonies so in the end we all had to come together and talk about them so we could learn and takes notes about them which can be very helpful in which studying for the test. Going onto creativity, I believe that this is strongly demonstrated because of all the thought we had to put into the story. With the given resources we had to create a whole story to talk about many points and the material about the colony. This can be very difficult given the fact that it has to be unique but still fitting in all the details needed, so that’s the main reason I thought this belonged in this category due to all the thought we had to put into the story to make it ideal. In conclusion this project was very useful and a very helpful resource to lead me to better success in high school!

Quarter 2 Artifact

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D9rcHEl-sUThDQUzEyDR8EGCt2GfRmp6vIPL1ZoEdls/edit

^^^^^Above is the link to the artifact I am reflecting about^^^^^

In my essay I am proud of the way I made it all come together. I didn’t just throw random things in there but instead tied everything together so it was more interesting to read. I love my quote I started off my essay with, and I think it was a good way to bring the reader in. It helps give the essay more of a world connection which I really like. I also believe I did a good job with backing up my quotes and always having information with what I’m talking about. Some aspects I struggled with in my writing was when I felt like I was repeating things too much. I was using a lot of words like rescue a lot in all of my paragraphs. I had a difficult time trying to find other ways to express what I wanted to write without being overly repetitive. Going off of that I also think it was hard for me to shorten my writing when it was getting too long and wordy. I love writing so I always tend to have a lot of things come to mind that I want to fit into my essay. So when it came to deleting and shortening my paragraphs, I really struggled. I learned a lot of things from this project that will definitely help me become a better writer. I really enjoy writing so knowing more skills that I can use will really benefit me in the future. Some of the skills are to have confidence in your writing. Essays shouldn’t be filled with words such as I think, or I believe. You should be making a statement and not make your writing seem unsure about different topics. As I get into more difficult levels of English and writing assignments, I know that will be a huge factor that helps me succeed better.  If I were to write this essay again I think I would probably add different topics from the book to make it even more interesting. Some of the topics that other people might not talk about. Going back to one of my paragraphs before, I think I would try to make things less repetitive and wordy. I definitely feel like that’s where a lot of my mistakes were and it’s hard to fix when you have already written your whole essay. So in my upcoming essays I will keep in mind how much I am writing or the amount of times I continuously use the same word. This essay relates to Creativity and Critical Thinking from the 6 C’s. Creativity was used when writing the essay and coming up with everything in it. How I was going to format it, what interesting quotes I could put in there, how to make the essay more intriguing to read. This is the same for Critical Thinking and just figuring out all the little details of my essay and making it well written. It takes a lot of work and time to accomplish so that’s why I chose Critical thinking as well to relate to my writing. In the end this project helped my learning journey and made me become a way better writer and student.

Quarter 3 Artifact

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ngkNj527TwgO-fhflsNnHcGlfGS9xgSOf4YRzK5tGiM/edit?usp=sharing

This Creativity In Housing project was really interesting and I enjoyed being able to use my creativity and create a house I really love. I’m proud of hope much work I put into every single assignment in this class and putting full effort into the project. Although this project was very time consuming. Having to put in every single detail into the house not only on the blueprint, but on the house designing app as well. This connects to the Profile of a Graduate because it takes on a lot of life skill challenges and might have to end up doing this when you are older so it’s good to have these skills. I believe it mainly connects to Creativity and using your imagination to create and house from scratch and having to design it. I also think it relates to Character because this house was based on things we like to create our house. Everybody has different tastes in style so it really brings out everybody’s character when seeing their house.  This project can be really helpful if you are looking to create your own house in the future or even just buying furniture to redesign your house. If I were to do this project again I would definitely need more time so I can complete it to the best of my ability. I really enjoyed this project though and it was really neat designing your whole house without any templates or anything, it’s however you wanted to make it which was really cool. 

Quarter 4 Artifact

^^^^^Above is the picture I am reflecting about^^^^^

This Community Service Day outing was a great way to help our environment and care for our community. We walked 6-8 miles around town to pick up trash along the roads and ditches. This connects to the Profile of a Graduate through citizenship and collaboration. I think it relates to citizenship because of the ways you are helping out the people around you. This day helped bring our school together and clean up the community and help our society out. This also connects to collaboration because of our ability to work with our fellow classmates to help clean up the town. It takes many hands to finish a job like that and in the end we picked up a lot of trash so Byron looks much nicer. I’m proud of all the work that not just my class has done, but the whole school has done. We did a lot of great things to better the environment and in the end it was nice to go out and enjoy the world around us.