Artist Statement

Expressive Qualities: Intention

• What was your intention in the making of the work in terms of what you wanted to communicate to the viewer or to yourself?
    • My intention was to show that I was interested in the medical field. That’s always been my dream field. 

____Composition: Content and Design Concept

• What is being seen in the work’s content? Be as detailed and specific as you can in describing what you have included in the image.
    • For this drawing I used many different medical tools. Some are stethoscopes, heartbeats, scissors, and pills. 

• Explain your incorporation of the art elements and principles as they relate to the design concept of the work.
    • There is a lot of different medical equipment used here to spell my name. 

____Process and Problem Solving: Personal Decision Making and Process/ Technique/Procedure

• What personal decision-making did you engage in when making choices about what to include in the art form/subject matter? This might also reflect decisions having to deal with physical conditions that needed to be considered due to the nature of the work.
    • Some decision-making I had to do was deciding what materials and blending tools I should use. 

• What process/technique/procedure did you use in the creation of your work? Discuss steps, materials, and tools that you employed.
    • I used colored pencils, the blending pencil, the hatching technique, and the alcohol blending method. 

____Discovery

• What did you become aware of while creating the object or after its completion, including connections to other experiences, art history, and the source(s) of your exploration as a part of the discovery process?
    • I was made aware of how difficult blending can be. I was also made aware that not all medical instruments look like letters so you have to be creative.