Spanish 1A Character Slides Reflection

Spanish 1A has taught me many things. I have learned the basic words and phrases in Spanish that are needed for everyday life. I have enjoyed learning a new language and a little bit about the Spanish culture as well. In Spanish 1A we have done multiple projects, but the project that I am most proud of is my character slides that are below along with a reflection.

Character Slides:

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

Reflection:

I have really enjoyed this project because I have never done anything like this before. I am very proud of this artifact because I went from knowing a few words in Spanish, to being able to create slides that describe myself and my friends and family in Spanish. This project was a little difficult for me, just like all projects. One of the most difficult things about this project was being able to create complete sentences that describe my friends and family very well, while still making sense. Another challenging thing for me was making sure I placed the correct ending to the word according to the gender. For example, making sure I changed the ending from an “o” to an “a”, or the other way around was difficult for me to remember. This artifact connects to the Profile of a Graduate through communication and creativity. I say that it connects through communication because I had to create sentences in Spanish that can communicate to the reader and be easy for them to comprehend. It connects through creativity because you had the freedom to do what you choose for this project, as long as it was on slides and writtten in Spanish. This allowed me to think outside of the box and be as creative as I could with what I said, and what pictures I chose to use. One of my favorite things to do is travel. I plan to take this learning forward for when I travel to different places. I will be able to communicate with the people in their primary language. If I were to create this project again, I would add more information about my friends and family. At the time I did not know very much Spanish yet, but now that I have learned more, I would try to describe them a little bit more and as best I could.